A conversation with the famous M. King Hubbert by the American Hospital Association, 1976.
There are several important take home messages from this interview.
- The basic impacts of peak oil on our health care systems were understood 1/3 of a century ago.
- Everyone alive today has grown up in a period of growth. That era is coming to a close, but are we ready to face that reality?
- All baby boomers lived through the burning of more than half of the world’s cheap oil.
- It is no surprise that the environmental effects of burning all those hydrocarbons, in a closed system, in such a short period of time, are also showing up now. As the late Barry Commoner has said:
- Everything Is Connected to Everything Else.
- Everything Must Go Somewhere.
- Nature Knows Best.
- There Is No Such Thing as a Free Lunch.